The Secret Ingredients to Your Best Valentine’s Party Yet!
Our Crafts and Cocktails party planning tips continue. Below you’ll find the details for giving some old denim a new life as an adorable bow tie valentine, plus the ingredients from one of my favorite Valentine’s cocktail to keep the fun flowing!
Bow Tie Valentine
- Denim looking for a new life
- Glue gun/Super glue
- Cut two pieces of denim, one x number of inches wide by x number of inches high for the bow tie, and one x inches wide by x inches long for the center wrap. Bow part 11.5cm by 24cm, Small bow strap 8cm by 5cm (you can make it as big or small as you like!) *fun tip- we love using the thick stitch inseam for middle part of the bow!
- Lay the larger piece of denim flat and from the top edge, fold 1/3 toward the center, then do the same with the bottom edge to create a long, thin strip with smooth edges.
- Fold the sides in 1/3rds as well to create a small rectangle.
- Holding your denim rectangle horizontally pinch the top and bottom together to create a bow shape.
- Wrap your thin strip of denim around the center of the bow and you’re your glue gun to secure in the back.
- Secure your adorable bow to your card and voilà! You’ve got a unique gift your Valentine will love!
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 1/2 oz Amaro Montenegro
- 1/2 oz Aperol
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz grenadine (see ingredients)
- 1 egg white
- Freshly ground cinnamon for garnish
- Small saucepan
- Cocktail shaker
- An Old Fashioned glass
- A small strainer
- Start by making the grenadine. Mix the ingredients intoa small saucepan and, over very low heat, continuously stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat immediately and let cool.
- Make your cocktail by adding the egg white and the lemon juice to a shaker. Then add the homemade grenadine, Aperol, Amaro Montenegro, and gin.
- Dry shake (this means no ice) for 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Place ice cube or cubes in an Old Fashioned glass. Then fill your shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Pour your cocktail into your glass by double straining the mixture. Give it a little extra love by garnishing with some fresh-grated cinnamon.
Cocktail photo credits: Honestly Yum