Recipe: An Easy Upgrade to Basic Macaroni & Cheese
Since we’re all stuck at home, many of us with hungry kids, cooking suddenly has become a necessary part of our daily routines. Sure, some of you already might already have “home chef” on your resume, but for others it doesn’t come as naturally. So we wanted to share an easy recipe that anyone could make, and that would satisfy the whole family, picky kiddos included! Plus, it’s with something you probably already have stashed in your pantry—Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. Read on for an easy, delicious way to upgrade this go-to family meal, straight from Food.com.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 14 ounce package of Kraft macaroni & cheese (dinner, blue box)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper or 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 6 butter flavored crackers, crushed (like Ritz)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare Mac n Cheese dinner as directed on package.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, the sour cream and pepper.
- Spoon into greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Combine the melted butter and cracker crumbs and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
And enjoy! Do you have any easy at-home recipes you’ve been trying lately? Tell us in the comments below!