Cooking in Quarantine: Easy Pasta & Homemade Marinara Recipe
If you’re like us, you’ve probably never cooked so much in your life than you have during these past few months. The whole family is at home, so you’re responsible for putting together breakfast, lunch and dinner, every day of the week. Sure, maybe it was fun at first, but now, you’re surely starting to run out of ideas (at least we are). So we turned to our VP of Marketing Michele who shared an easy homemade marinara recipe (kid approved, we might add!) that’ll spruce up your weekly pasta dinner. The best part? You probably already have all of the ingredients in your fridge or pantry! Here’s how to make it:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 12 Ounces Tomatoes Cherry Tomatoes or Diced Tomatoes (can also sub with canned)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- ¼ Teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 Handful Fresh Basil, roughly chopped (can also sub dried)
- 6 Ounces Spaghetti, Angel Hair, or Capellini pasta (approximately ½ a package)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Boil water and cook pasta following package instructions.
- While your pasta is cooking, heat up the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly golden being careful not to burn. Add tomatoes and spices and stir gently. Increase to high heat and cook for about 5 minutes until the tomatoes have softened and broken down slightly.
- Add in basil and remove from heat.
- Strain your pasta and add directly into the sauce. Toss to combine.
- Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese if desired.